Recently I received my first blog award! Emma over at *winging it* nominated me for "The Versatile Blogger" award :). I'm quite excited and I'm sending Emma a big thank you!!! :-D!
As part of the award, I have to share 7 interesting things about myself. So, here it goes!
1. I probably could recite every line from the movie Titanic. When this movie came out, I went to see it 7 times in the theater. I even still have all of my ticket stubs. I guess this popped into my head first since the movie is currently on TV. Seems like a good thing to be watching during/after a hurricane, right? Lots of water?
2. I'm obsessed with owls. I really like owls...but the cute kind, not the creepy looking ones from the 70s. Ok, I should rephrase that. I prefer the more modern take on owls :). I've decorated my living room with all different kinds of owls, including salt and pepper shakers and a hand sewn owl! They are really a *hoot* to me ;).
3. I really love school supplies. No really, I love school supplies. I have a huge collection of various types of school supplies, including a large box full of unsharpened pencils...yes unsharpened ones :). I used to always look forward to the Back to School stock up in September when I was younger. Now a days, I don't really need any more...I probably have enough to last me for years and years to come!
4. I have been in school for 25+ years. I started school before I was 3 years old and I've been in school ever since. From high school, I went to college, and then directly on to my masters. After that I went directly into my PhD program. So not only have I been in school for basically my entire life, I've also never had a full-time job :). Hey, as they say, "Grad school, it beats getting a real job!"
5. My high school dream occupation was to be a medical examiner and work for the FBI. I still would love to do this one day. I used to be and EMT and I love all things medical. Somehow my life took a turn into education instead. However, I hope that with my background in mathematics and statistics I might one day explore the medical field again!
6. I don't like peanuts or peanut butter. Yep, that's right kids, I don't like peanut butter nor do I like peanuts! I'm not allergic to them. I just do not like them. Luckily I love almond butter, so I can still have ab&j sandwiches!!!
7. I have a multitude of hobbies. I hope this comes across in my blogging! I really love to try all different kinds of things. I think that my top favorite hobbies are knitting/crocheting, photography, and gardening. I'm trying to get more into sewing, but that's a work in progress! I've always liked to do crafts and take photos and work in the garden. Since I was a little girl I always liked to keep myself busy. Maybe this is due to the fact that I grew up as an only child (technically I have a half brother and a half sister but I only met them a few times as a little girl). I'm really good at entertaining myself and rarely feel bored just sitting home :).