Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Alpine Frost Scarf




So I've decide to crochet the Alpine Frost Scarf from Interweave Crochet (Winter 2008) for my mom.





All of the above images are from Interweave Crochet and copyrighted by Alpine Frost Scarf, Amy O’Neill Houck, Interweave Crochet, Winter 2008 and found here.

I just think the scarf is so pretty and lacy and just sooooo nice! I even bough the yarn that the pattern calls for! Anyway, I started to make this last night and just couldn't get past the first two rows of the pattern! My chains look weird and big and loopy (I realize things change after I block it). My stitches look short and fat, and they are hard to see. The pattern calls for a size D hook (which I tried first), but I crochet tightly so I also tried and E and F and they still looked weird to me. I'm having trouble judging my gauge because I can't really get past the first few rows of the pattern. This is my first time crocheting with lace weight yarn--I've used crochet thread just fine, but this is giving me problems! I'm not sure what kind of tension to having on the yarn. For a bit I thought I was holding it too tightly because the pattern was acting stretchy, so then I frogged it and tried with very light tension and it looked messy.

UGH!!! I'm frustrated but won't give up! I just need some help. OH, and my friends knit, so I'm not sure where to turn to for in person assistance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment