Life has been a bit hectic lately, but I've still found a bit of time to knit. Here is a little update on my Central Park Hoodie!
We had our second KAL meeting Friday night (unfortunately one of us couldn't make it :(). We had decided that we would have up to the sleeves completed so that we could begin the hood. The pattern saves all the seaming, except for the shoulder seams, for the end after everything is done. During this meet up, I sewed my shoulder seams and started a few rows of the hood. Picking up the stitches wasn't bad--got one side on the first try and just had to do the second side once over. I've only ever picked up stitches while turning the heel of a sock, so this was good practice. I decided to omit the double cable running up the back of the hood because I imagine myself wearing the hood down more than on my head and I think that I'd rather not see the revers side of the cable.
During this KAL meeting, Alex's mom seamed the sides of the sweater, one sleeve, and attached the sleeve and tried it on and also had Alex try it on. The sweater has a nice fitted appearance. (It seems really easy to modify the fit once you have an idea of how a certain size fits you. Just make it larger to have it be more "relaxed" fitting). The next evening after our meeting I was really anxious to see how my sweater fit, so I seamed the sides and tried it on. It fit nicely, but I couldn't tell if it would be kind of snug once I added the sleeves. So, the next day I seamed the sleeves. I tried them on without attaching and they seemed tight. Then I sewed them on the sweater, and low and behold, it fits WONDERFULLY!
So, now all that is left is to finish the hood, add the button bands, and tuck in all the ends. In the pictures below you can see that the front is hanging open a lot. I think that once I add the button bands it won't do that so much--I think it is just rolling. I still can't get over how much it looks like a sweater! Yippee for my first sweater *almost* being finished!!! I can't wait!