Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Farewell Stix-n-Stitches

On of my favorite LYSs, Stix-n-Stitches in Montclair, is closing this week.  I have some wonderful memories of going there to pick out yarn for projects, especially when I first started branching out from only using chain-sold yarn. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, I love love love AC Moore and Michaels :)).  I ended up going to "say goodbye" to Stix-n-Stitches this past Thursday.  Since they are trying to liquidate their inventory, I did purchase some yarn.  I know, I know, I shouldn't be buying yarn, but I couldn't resist.  All yarn was 40% off the day that I went and buttons were 50% off.  I ended up getting 3 different kinds of yarn in 5 different colors.  I also got some buttons for a light weight summer sweater I'm crocheting.

Presenting my new stash additions (in no particular order):

Cascade 220 in a beautiful teal color, 3 skeins:


Cotton Classic by Tahki Yarns in a burnt orange color, 4 skeins.  The beauty of this yarn was that it was on clearance for $4 a skein and then I got 40% off of that.  Amazing.


Cotton Classic by Tahki Yarns in a gray--which was also on clearance--8 skeins.


Berroco Weekend in a spring green color, 4 skeins.


Berroco Weekend in a light purple, 3 skeins.  I know it looks a little blue in this photo, but it is not.


I also got 8 metal buttons with a black shiny center.  They sort of look like they have little suns on them.  I knew that I needed buttons for a new sweater that I'm making, but I couldn't remember how many I needed, so I figured 8 was a safe number.  I think I need 5 for the pattern, so I'll have 3 to use somewhere else!


I will definitely miss Stix-n-Stitches, but I hope that this ending for them only brings wonderful new beginnings!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment