Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NYC HDR

So I recently learned about a program to create HDR photographs.  HDR stands for high dynamic range and has to do with allowing a greater difference between the light and dark areas of a photograph.  It can be created from using multiple images shot at different exposures and then mapping them together or it can be done with software like NIK HDR (which is what I've been playing with).

I only have a 15 day trial, but I've really enjoyed it so far.  Obviously I need to work on getting the HDR better, but here are some samples I've worked on.

NYC skyline before and after:






Amsterdam Avenue before and after:









Pepsi can before and after:





Mossy log before and after:





Rose before and afters (two different images):




0 comments:

Post a Comment