Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Christmas gift recap! [FINALLY!]

Ahhhh, finally I have the time to present all of my finished Christmas gifts!  This past Christmas I decided to make as many presents as I could.  I get such enjoyment out of making gifts and it's also a good way to save some money!  I believe that I made something for each person on my list--definitely a successful holiday!

I knit a cowl with carved wood buttons for each of my bosses.


For Sean, I knit a scarf and hat set and also made a Sheldon the Turtle in Giant's colors!







I added the year to to bottom of Sheldon's shell so that Sean will always remember which Christmas I gave him Sheldon.


For my cousin Kyle, I crocheted a rocket pillow.  He told me and my mom that this was one of his favorite Christmas gifts--which means a lot to me, coming from a 6 year old, especially when he got different video games and electronics from Santa and our family!


For my mom, I finally finished the ripple crochet blanket that I started 2 years ago!  It was worth the wait--she loved it!


I also made a vest for my mom....but it came out a little large and looked like armor on me!  I think she ended up giving it to a friend who it fit better.


And as usual I edged a couple of dishtowels for my mom and even monogrammed one too!



I also made my mom a snowflake fridge towel and one for Sean's mom as well.



I also made another fridge towel for Sean's mom as well as two crochet-edged towels!



And....I made a bunch of crocheted ornaments for Sean's mom as well. She loved them all.


For my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Dan's cats I crocheted 3 cat toys and stuffed them with catnip!  They were a big hit.


And last, but certainly not least, I finished Matt's sweater!!  It looks so good on him and he loved it!  I'm happy I was able to finish it and give it to him this year!


It was definitely a busy holiday craft season, as I'm sure you can tell, but it was wonderful!  I love giving handmade gifts to my loved ones!  I'm already thinking about next Christmas--because, you know, it's never too early to start!

0 comments:

Post a Comment